Friday, January 15, 2010

Wet food = victory

I spent most of the afternoon today worrying whether or not I'd have to force feed her more. She's been grazing on crunchies all day, but no where near the calories she should be getting. Well, I have been leaving wet food down for her that she hadn't touched, until this evening! I popped into the bathroom to find her wet food bowl licked clean!

Cats naturally have a pretty poor thirst drive- in nature, they get most of their water from their food. Wet food is a great (and important) way to keep kitties hydrated, which is why I'm so excited she is up for some wet food. ET actually eats nearly all raw (yes, uncooked) food that satisfies the prey-model (muscle meat, heart, kidney, liver, bone). Not sure this kitty will be ready for that, but wet food will do for now. And thankfully, she is doing a great job of drinking water.

I spent quite a bit of time with her today. She LOVES to sit on my lap and purrs and purrs. She also is the queen of what I call "happy feet" where she kneads towels, blankets, my pants, or where she opens and closes her toes, all while making a very pleased face.



ET is still very jealous, but he just plopped himself down on my lap. I think he's feeling smug as he's out here with me and she's in the bathroom!

1 comment: