Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 2

Well, today was quite a busy and cat-filled day for me, which usually means it was a good day! As is the case most Saturdays, I assisted with the spaying/neutering of 85 cats today at "The Cube" (www.phillycats.org) at the Philadelphia SPCA. It was chaotic, but good work.

I was quite anxious to get home and feed the critters. This morning, I was awoken around 7am by lots of banging. ET had been chirping at the little lady for quite some time, but I wasn't sure what was going on. I got up and opened the bathroom door to find a very irritated kitty: she was out of food, and she wanted me to do something about it! I was quite surprised as I thought I had left sufficient food, but apparently not. I won't complain at all because it is SO great that she is this interested in eating. As a result I was concerned that she would be hungry when I arrived back at home. ET certainly was happy for his late lunch, but the little girl still had some food left so I'm guessing she slept most of the day. I fed them both and then had 2 very happy cats. She is doing great with eating wet food, dry food, and drinking. Her stools also are getting better, too. She is still sneezing a bit, but I think she is moving in the right direction!

I spent about a half hour with her in the bathroom today. I was doing some work, and then we had some fun with the webcam. So, new pics!

Sorry for the blurryness, I currently can't find my charger so these are off my phone.



She loves being cuddled. Here you can see a bit of her mommy mammary glands. She still has some milk (although none is coming out) even though she has been away from her kittens for over three weeks. Hopefully she will start drying up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment