Thursday, January 14, 2010

12 hours in

She's doing great :)

I really had no idea how skinny she was, but now that she is rubbing all over me and asking for pets, I can't overestimate her weight. She has no significant interest in food right now, but I discovered that she greatly prefers drinking water from the bathtub! She jumps right up on the ledge and leans over to drink from the spout. To try to get some food in her I've been syringe-feeding chicken baby food to her. She's a champ, and has had nearly a whole jar so far (minus what ended up on the floor)!

She is always right behind the door when I enter, and I've heard a few very soft meows from her, and she's nearly constantly purring over her stuffed up nose. Hopefully she feels better, and tomorrow will bring an even sweeter kitty.

ET definitely knows something is going on. He made a few serious attempts to get into the bathroom, but he seems to have given up trying. He also is VERY jealous... whenever I'm in there with the kitty he gives these pitiful meows. I'm giving him lots of extra attention to thank him for his partnership in this endeavor :)

It amazes me that if I didn't pick her up this morning, she would likely have been put to sleep by now. I can only hope that other foster parents came to the aid of the other cats there. Regardless, there is always another one who isn't so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment