Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 5

Today was a rather big day! Firstly, I scheduled Lacey's spay appointment. She is going in to ACCT on Sunday to get her second FVRCP, perhaps a dewormer, and to be followed-up for her URI. If she gets a clean bill of health and handles the FVRCP well, she will be spayed on Tuesday, Jan 26th- that's next Tuesday! I'm looking forward to it. She hasn't gone into heat yet, but it will be great to just have her completely done with veterinary things (hopefully!) and then she can continue to focus on recovery and putting weight on, which I think she may have started doing!

A second big thing is that she PLAYED! I brought a cardboard scratching post into the bathroom today to affix to the door. I had originally bought it for ET, but he is more of a horizontal surface scratcher so he didn't really enjoy it. Well, part of the assembly involved stringing a rope from under the door to the door handle. Well, as I was putting it together, she started wildly playing with the string! I dangled it for her for a little while and she was having a ball. She has also become quite talkative, especially in the morning. Its amazing how these little steps mean so much.

I can't wait until she is out of quarantine and snuggling with ET and I on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment