Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 4

Happy MLK Day! I spent the day lounging around and didn't do a single piece of school work, which was fabulous. I love days like this, and they are so rare that I really try to savor them.

I think I am going to name the foster kitty "Lacey." I just think it suits her. She is very delicate, ladylike, and her pattern is kind of random and lace-like. For now I will call her that, and maybe if her personality changes her name will too! She was great today, as always. It seems that her stools are getting better and better with each one. I have her eating ET's old dry food (Iams) mixed with some high quality grain-free, 95% protein dry food (Wellness CORE). I think the higher quality stuff is helping her stools, and its much more nutrient-dense which is perfect for her while she is trying to put on some weight. Her sneezing is also LOTS better. She also let me trim her nails. They were quite sharp, and when she kneads/does "happy feet" lovingly into my legs, it was hurting, so now they are nice and blunted. She couldn't spend enough time in my lap, she is so sweet. I'm excited!



I also would like to have her spayed soon. I'm going to contact ACCT to see if they think she would be ready this weekend, after she finishes her medicine (provided her URI is improved). She still needs quite a bit more TLC and loving before she finds her permanent home, but I am concerned she will go into heat, and females are extremely obnoxious when they are in heat, and I'd like to avoid that! Best case scenario is she can be spayed on Sunday, and if not then then hopefully sometime next week.



Mr. ET has been a bit of a handful today. Either he is being super sweet, cuddled up with me, or he is reaping havoc somewhere in my apartment. I keep finding him trying to get into weird places, up on shelves where he isn't usually, and knocking things down. I think he's rebelling a bit and trying to make sense of all that is happening. Thankfully, he responds well to a verbal correction. He did REALLY enjoy the sunshine today. It was about 50 deg outside, and the sun was nice and warm coming through the windows, so he spent a good bit of the afternoon basking in the triangle of sun on my floor.

1 comment:

  1. I think she looks much better hilary.....more alert, interested, and a tad "heavier"! lol! You can tell that she is a real sweatheart.....loving every second in your lap and looking like she would stay there, always, if given the chance!
    The photo of ET is great..... grasping the bit of sunshine and getting ready to pounce!!! Look at those eyes!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete