Thursday, January 14, 2010

Goodnight

I just peeked in on the little girl for the last time tonight. The shelter recommended steaming up the bathroom to try to help clear her sinuses. Well, I took a shower and she sat on the edge of the tub watching me the whole time, occasionally giving out a soft meow. After I got out I left her and heated up some Meow Mix (nice and stinky!) as I thought she might be interested. Well, she gave it a sniff, and then proceeded to CHOW DOWN on her dry food!!! I know its not optimal, but I was so pleased I was nearly crying. She ate about 2/3 small jar (not including what got on the floor, ha!) of baby food via syringe today, and she was drinking from the faucet/tub. So maybe she was feeling better with some food in her stomach, and with the steam, that she decided to munch on her own. Oh, and I think she is a calico?

I just can't believe she would've been euthanized tonight, and here is she eating crunchies and trying to purr through a stuffed up nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment