Thursday, April 8, 2010

Heat wave!!

ET, Lacey and I returned from spring break in Massachusetts to a very hot Philadelphia. While I hate the heat, the cats have been thoroughly enjoying the open windows and all the excitement it provides.



The only good part about having a dumpster outside the window is that it provides excellent squirrel-entertainment.

Lacey has been feeling really off lately. It has taken her much longer to eat her food at each meal, and last night she had a fever of nearly 104F. Her mammary gland seems more swollen than normal and I can palpate fluid-filled swellings. I'm going to take her into the clinic tomorrow (and hopefully catch our favorite vet) to try to get some answers. I'm not sure how extensively they will investigate what is going on, but I hope that we can get a better picture of exactly what her problem is so that we can target the right treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment