Friday, April 23, 2010

Busy busy

Things have been very busy with school, but now after a tough round of exams, I have 2 weeks without a test!

This past Sunday I became a fully oriented volunteer at the PSPCA, and last night I completed an ACCT orientation, which means that I can help out at both locations. Volunteering there is great, because you just go pretty much whenever you want, so it works great with my schedule!

I plan to spend lots of time with the shelter kitties, but also the dogs as well. It's a long story (you can read about it here), but there are about a dozen dogs living in crates in the PSPCA garage. They've needed lots of help getting the dogs out of the crates so they can go to the bathroom several times a day, so I've been able to help with that!

I've met some wonderful people already and can't wait to meet more. Saturday I'm going to the cat clinic and Sunday I'm helping with a dog adoption event, so it's a pet-filled weekend. I'd hoped my boyfriend could be able to join me, but he can't. Hopefully next weekend :)

I took Lacey to the vet today for a follow-up. The vet felt that the antibiotics may have helped a bit, and she said that the next step was to draw blood to check her hormone levels to see if she had remnants of ovarian tissue. The test ran $113, so I decided not to do it at this time. The vet said that if she had "abnormal" levels, I should observe in-heat behavior. No sign of that, but I'll certainly know it if she does!

I also have some classmates coming to look at the kittens today!! They are doing so well. Ruby appears 100% healthy, and Lilly still has some sneezing. They're going with me to the Cube tomorrow to get their vaccines, and maybe (but probably not) be spayed.

I promise to update with pics later. For now, here is a very cute video of ET and Lacey battling while I was trying to fold laundry:

1 comment:

  1. This is very cute Hil!!!! I love watching them "appear" to be fighting, but actually just "loving each other" & playing! :) They are so very cute when they groom each other! It's like a love/hate relationship.....much like brothers and sisters sometimes!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete