Friday, April 9, 2010

Vet Take 1

Just got back from the SPCA clinic with Lacey.

The vet I liked was there. Lacey was afebrile (100F) at the time, thankfully. They did a fluid aspiration and examined it under a microscope. They saw "nothing exciting," but some bacteria and milk-like fluid. They also retested her for FIV/FeLV (in case she hadn't seroconverted at the time of testing) and she remained neg/neg!

Their feeling as that her glands are cystic, and filled with fluid and infection. They also basically said that they have exhausted their resources for her as a foster cat. I figured as such, but was hopeful they would do a bit more for her (like a CBC).

So, I am taking her in a few hours to ETs vet for a workup. I'm hoping she will do a CBC and aspiration today, and hopefully plan to do a full drainage of the glands in the near future. I've just seen this vet once with ET for a well visit, so her skills will certainly be tested now.

I think it's so funny how some cats are complete ostracized by their housemates when they return home. When I let Lacey out of the carrier, ET ran up to her, threw his paws around her neck, and insisted on some very aggressive ear grooming <3

No comments:

Post a Comment