Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life Lessons

Today I let the kittens out for a while with ET and Lacey, and the adult cats decided that it would be a good day to teach the girls some life lessons. Lacey especially took charge, pinning the kittens, chasing them around, and biting at their necks. It might sound mean but she was teaching them respect and manners, which is something that singly-raised kittens can really miss out on. I didn't keep them out for too long as Lilly is still sneezing, but I think it was time well spent.

I took a study break and spent a few hours volunteering. I was recently assigned a "Kitty Pen Pal." When I go to the shelter I spend extra time with him and am responsible for posting advertisements and spreading the word about him to try to get him adopted! He is a 5-10 year old owner surrendered neutered male cat named Diego!! He is super cute, loves to be snuggled and scratched, and will make someone a truly wonderful companion!

Oh, and just to make sure I'm clear... my Pen Pal Diego STAYS at the shelter! I wish he could come home with me, but I can't take in any more :(





The shelter is flooded with momma cats with babies, bottle feeder kittens, and very young kittens. There is one momma I can't get out of my head... a very beautiful calico, similar to Lacey, with a single kitten. The kitten is calico just like her but with lots of spots. Even thought I should avoid it, I always pop into the cat intake room when I volunteer... she's been there for a few days now, and I really hope she finds rescue soon, she is such a good momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment