Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 32

Well, Miss Lacey has not been feeling herself lately. She vomited on Friday. I didn't think much of it since cats do just throw up sometimes, but then that same evening she threw up probably a dozen times. She wanted nothing to do with eating and was not herself at all. I decided to take her to the ACCT clinic to get some peace of mind, as I immediately was concerned about a septic infection or an obstruction. She saw the vet, and the vet couldn't find anything in particular wrong with her. Lacey's abdomen was non-tender, she had gut sounds, and did not have a fever. They did give her 100ccs of fluid under her skin to try to perk her back up.

That evening (Saturday) she did manage to eat some dry food and keep it down. However, this afternoon I came home and found that she had vomited in the bathroom, and when I let her out she did it again three more times. Poor little lady.

I'm thinking she MUST have some sort of obstruction, since she has not pooped either. While it is possible she has a foreign-body obstruction (although I try to be really careful, as ET has a tendency to get into things he shouldn't), it also is very likely that she has a very bad hairball, especially since she has been doing a lot of grooming.

I have my last big test tomorrow, then I can be a full time nurse to the little lady. I'm going to pick up some Vaseline to give to her and see if that will help move things along. Of course, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that she is back to herself by the morning!

ET knows she isn't feeling well, and has been really sweet with her. He's sitting outside the bathroom calling to her now, but she isn't trying to get out she feels so yucky :(

No comments:

Post a Comment