Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer is halfway over :(

I have been having such a wonderful time living in Boston and I can't believe the summer is nearly halfway over :(

I can tell you that both ET and Baby are ready for summer to be done. For the most part, tension has cooled in the apartment, but definitely is still there. Thankfully, Baby and Lacey are doing GREAT together, so Baby is getting a lot better in general with other cats. ET is doing a bit better with leaving her alone, but sometimes he does go after her. Lacey is just perfect, Shawn is trying to convince me to let her stay, but I told him that if I left her here that means I need to get another cat ;)

So, below are some photos from the recent weeks.

One of Shawn's and my projects is to build a cat tree. My mom works in retail and always tries to grab the old displays before they can be thrown out. A few months back she managed to grab 4 very nice, sturdy cubes. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to lay them out yet, but here is a photo of ET in one of the possible layouts.



We recently won several items from a local auction. Shawn really enjoys restoring furniture so he bought a very large lot of lots of miscellaneous hardware. We spent one morning photographing, bagging, and cataloging what he won for future use. Here is Lacey lending a helping hand.



Here is one of miss Baby sitting pretty! She's spending most of her time out from under the bed now. Here she is playing with a new catnip fish toy (thanks Mom!) in the "safe space" between the bed and the wall.



And even though ET is her arch enemy, Baby and I still make time for snuggles :)

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts Hilary! You do such a great job w/photos & details of the "comings & goings" of your kitties, etc.! ET is letting you guys know who is "KING" in the "top" cube! I believe that Lacey needs to accompany ET back to Philly! :) Sorry Shawn!

    ReplyDelete