Monday, July 26, 2010

Everyone is doing great

We have reached a pretty reasonable level of peace... and as I predicted, just in time for me to head back to Philly. Well, I still have about 2 weeks but it feels like no time at all.

I've discovered that a big way to avoid evening/early morning roughhousing is to ensure that my cats (basically ET) receive a big enough dinner so that they just slip into a food coma and sleep most of the night. This seems to work. Baby cat also has adjusted nicely and now spends all of the evening out from under the bed, usually sleeping up by my head for some reason, and other times lying on the bedside table. She's very good at growling to alert/wake us up when ET is starting to get some bad ideas and tries to come bother her!

Despite these successes I know that my cats (especially ET) can't wait to get back to Philly. While I wish the time never had to come, I'm at least glad to know that SOMEONE will be happy about our return.

Another positive to my return is that I'm going to foster again :) I'm not sure what situation would be best... it was pretty tough to have those short-term litters as I wasn't able to keep up with the cleaning as well as I should've been, and it was difficult to keep meeting new personalities. Having short term kitten stints definitely is the best way to make a difference, as it keeps open a "revolving door" but I'm thinking about a different situation now. For several months I've wanted to have a momma cat with babies. Right now I'm thinking I may get a mom with just one kitten. The tough part about that is that takes me "out of commission" to take in more animals for several weeks... but it would enable me to help out an incredibly high-risk population. Another thought is to just take in 2 tiny, maybe 4-week old kittens. We'll see!

Despite the looming start of MS-2, I am looking forward to getting back to Philly and getting myself settled. I think I developed a formula for my own success by the end of last year and I'm anxious to get started, and get it over with!

Below are some pics of the critchers over the past few weeks :)

Lacey passed out across my waist


ET and Lacey "snuggled up" on the bed


Baby snuggling up with me while I'm passed out and Shawn is playing the Sims!!


Shawn likes to play with the cats and sometimes he will "force interactions" by sticking ET and Lacey together... it often results in a very entertaining battle, haha. My cats are so tolerant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment